Please join us in September 2017 for a wonderful wine-focused trip to France, Spain and Portugal
On September 4 starting in Southampton, England, you’ll be sailing aboard the stunning Azamara Journey. Visit the world’s foremost wine region in Bordeaux, France with three days for wine tasting, strolling, biking, and dining. In the Basque area of France stay in St. Jean de Luz, where you can head to the stylish coastal resort of Biarritz or shop for fine chocolates and hams in Bayonne’s beautiful old town. In Spain, top off a day at the Gehry-designed Guggenheim—where the exterior is as dazzling as the art inside—with tapas and Spain’s famous Rioja wines. Our final destination is Portugal, where wine lovers will be eager to visit the Douro Valley, which has grown beyond its famous port houses to become a star wine-producer with cuisine to match. Cap off your voyage off with an evening of tapas, wine and fado in Lisbon. Your cruise ends in Lisbon on September 16.
4 Countries one trip – Here are just a few examples of what will make this vacation special
- Opportunity to spend time in Great Britain before departure
- Set sail from a port with a long history (departure point of the Mayflower and Titanic and maritime center known for turning out warships for king and country from the Hundred Years War to WWII)
- Visit stylish coastal resort towns
- St. Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands
- St. Jean de Luz (Basque Country)
- Pasajes, Spain
- Bike or stroll French Bordeaux past amazing fine mansions financed by the almighty grape, and see beautifully preserved architectural buildings (an UNESCO World Heritage Site),
- Visit the countryside wine appellations to marvel at the chateau’s, learn about wine producing and of course have a sample or two
- Graze bar to bar eating a meal of tapas along the way in San Sebastian also known as the most beautiful city in Spain and home to Michelin Star chef Luis Zrizar.
- Explore the Guggenheim where the exterior is as dazzling as the interior in Bilbao or choose to pretend your day away with the rich and famous in Biarritz.
- Marvel at the medieval and Renaissance history with Baroque, Romanesque and Gothic architecture
Experience dining like never before
- Bean Jar, a slow cooked butter bean dish
- Island crab patties & seafood galore
- Ormer casserole (a baked pork and abalone meal)
- Chipirons – stuffed squid and tomatoes
- Famous Basque cuisine of roasted lamb, goose, or duck
- Between lunch and dinner the custom is txikiteo – bar hopping where the stars are the food not the drinks – the trick is not to fill up at the first place.
- Guernsey sweaters, called jumpers are delightful patterns of warm knits
- Fine chocolates in Basque country – not to be missed
- Every product you can imagine made of cork
- Wine from 3 countries!
- Scarves, handbags, beach cover-ups
- Artisan dolls
|MON 4-SEP||Southampton, England||Embark||6:00 pm|
|TUE 5-SEP||St. Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands||Tendered||8:00 am||2:00 pm|
|WED 6-SEP||Bordeaux, France||Docked||9:15 pm|
|THU 7-SEP||Bordeaux, France||Docked|
|FRI 8-SEP||Bordeaux, France||Docked||9:45 pm|
|SAT 9-SEP||St. Jean de Luz, France||Tendered||1:00 pm|
|SUN 10-SEP||St. Jean de Luz, France||Tendered||2:00 pm|
|SUN 10-SEP||Pasajes, Spain||Docked||7:00 pm|
|MON 11-SEP||Pasajes, Spain||Docked||6:00 pm|
|TUE 12-SEP||Bilbao (San Sebastian), Spain||Docked||8:00 am||11:00 pm|
|WED 13-SEP||At Sea||Cruising|
|THU 14-SEP||Leixões (Porto), Portugal||Docked||8:00 am||6:00 pm|
|FRI 15-SEP||Lisbon, Portugal||Docked||9:00 am|
|SAT 16-SEP||Lisbon, Portugal||Debark|